Money Makes The World Go Crazy

Some more digging around about the american revolution and post war reconstruction and the like has reaffirmed my belief that:

its all about economics and who has what and who is pissed off enough about what they wish they had and who has a lot to loose and therefore drives the government machine

Post revolution there were three main rebellions that consisted of poor farmers and sometimes disgruntled military men: Shay's Rebellion, the Whiskey Rebellion (I was right!), and...oh no...one other rebellion that I've already forgotten. Mr Squellati and Mr Dienger would be oh so disappointed in me. Shay's Rebellion and the Whiskey Rebellion were put down rather forcibly. Things like the Riot Act and the Sedition Act (a forerunner of the Patriot Act) were written. Land was seized and parceled mainly out to the already rich landed gentry and little bit to the middle class. No consideration was given to women, non landowners, native americans, slaves, freed slaves.

Anyway, enough about things that are not cake.

Once I get back home (currently at parent's house in former homeland of Los Altos ) I am looking forward to seeing my fuzzy kitties, getting back to my practice, driving to Olympia to see my man, and baking some seriously serious cakes. Seriously.

I'm thinking about a turtle cake...two layers of the chocolate cake made with the muscovado sugar and layering it with toasted pecans and homemade caramel. No frosting other than oozy caramel.

Also the truffle cake with the cheesecake layer. Gotta do that one.

Comments

  1. Excellent Revolutionary posting.. Politics and baking do in fact go well together.

    Gad, such mentionings of Los Altos AND Olympia make my head spin! I grew up in sunnyvale just short jaunt from Los Altos, AND THEN, I went to Evergreen State College in Olympia... hmmm... are you following me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, my friend, it is you who is following me....I don't care if technically you are older than me which means you may have gone to these places first. I am a gemini with a leo rising which means everything is about me. Except when I decide it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I am currently enjoying a pineapple mango coconut smoothie which is killing my poor Spleen but is certainly tickling my tastebuds. A lot of rum and I would be a happy monkey.

    hmmm, cake possibilities?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I indeed bow down to your Gemini Sun & Leo Rising. I shan't step to that! Besides you can probably talk circles around and most likely have much better hair than I (A leo sun & rising attribute).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course my hair is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worship and deep conditioning qi sent in your hair's general direction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts