1. slice cake no thicker than 0.5 inches thick
2. toast in toaster oven at about 400 degrees (if your toast function is working i'd suggest toasting at the med-dark setting)
3. meanwhile, fry up a couple of eggs to your liking
4. if you didn't leave your pork maple breakfast sausage at your friend's house, cook some of them up too
5. plate up everything all nice and pretty
6. take pictures of your breakfast
8. thank zetta copiously for the idea of eating your hummingbird poundcake for breakfast
next time i'm omitting the maple syrup and honey, cutting the recipe in half, and making pancakes with the batter.