Friday, October 28, 2005

Sneaking in Lemon Curd Would Be Wrong

My teacher's birthday is on Halloween, which to those of us who know her, makes a lot of sense. She would be born on Halloween.

I am making her a cake, of course, and as per her request I am making a white cake with white frosting.

BORING

I am fighting the urge to sneak something interesting into her cake, like a crunchy meringue disc, or raspberry jam or lemon curd, or white chocolate chips, or something, ANYTHING interesting, PLEASE....

She is allergic to chocolate and I love her and respect her and I will happily bake her a fabulous white cake with white frosting, but I get to complain just a little. In all fairness, she also said a banana nut cake would also be good, and I do make a killer sour cream banana cake (nuts would be easy to add) but what do you frost a killer banana cake with but sour cream ganache? Are you seeing the problem here people?

In my teacher's case I totally understand the white/white request, but for all you other white/white lovers who have no dietary reason to choose to enjoy something so boring and unimaginative, I ask you all, WHY? Why you kill me softly with your boring taste?

5 comments:

  1. You have no choice.
    Berries.
    Pumpkin.
    ANYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try coconut or some lifesavers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, lifesavers....definitely not white. But crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brains Master2/11/05 20:37

    Why did you not use peeps? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peeps, my friend, are in the October archives! Keep looking and you shall find them, peepseeker.

    ReplyDelete