oh yeah--the cookies!

I almost forgot I was going to tell you about the cookies I baked from the leftover Haupia crust!

The dough was really sticky, and RLB suggests rolling out this dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured plastic wrap. I chose the potato starch flour, hoping it would absorb some of the moisture that this dough seemed to be holding onto.

It didn't really work.

As I rolled out the dough and grabbed my water glass to cut out the cookies, I suddenly remembered Nanny (my grandma on my dad's side) rolling out sugar cookie dough on our kitche table, and me hanging out and watching her as a little kid. I can't remember if she let me cut out the dough with a water glass, or if I just watched her do it, but the memory came back so strong it surprised me. Maybe that's why I love sugar cookies so much...

Anyhoo, I was able to get about 10 cookies out of the dough, and they baked up nicely in about 20 minutes or so...

...and they're not too bad, but a little bland. They could be sweeter, and I can't believe I'm saying that!

Comments

  1. Anonymous15/9/07 12:37

    I was thinking maybe you lost the cookies somewhere. It is nice when a memory flash comes into your head from something you are doing. I usually remember something my mother said, which was usually a wise crack... I love it when that happens. I do miss her. She was very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts