The Baking Bible: Coconut Crisps

This is a yummy and quick little cookie with a mild yet convincing coconut flavor. Mark called these coconut shortbreads and I think that's pretty much on point.


Everything gets whizzed up in the food processor. The coconut is unsweetened, which helps keep these cookies from being too sweet. A quick knead to bring the crumbly dough together and a rest in the refrigerator and this dough is ready for rolling and cutting.

Even with the rolling and cutting, the dough is simple and easy to work with. I hate rolling and cutting, and this time I wasn't complaining. Eliot loved the cutting out of cookies, too. So I made him some homemade play dough so he could continue playing and I could finish up and bake the cookies.

I guess I suck at rolling out evenly because some cookies were thinner than others and therefore browned something awful. However they are pretty good.

Comments

  1. It didn't occur to me that these were basically a coconut shortbread! Rolling always makes me anxious. Need to get some of those rolling sticks Patricia uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try my silicone fast tracks--they work better than wood--don't warp don't slide etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been dreaming of the fast tracks, especially when I was rolling out this dough! They are top of my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your cookies have little Spackle of coconut show in them. better than what mine looked...,maybe that why mine didn't taste that great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts