Thursday, September 01, 2016

The Baking Bible: Coconut Crisps

This is a yummy and quick little cookie with a mild yet convincing coconut flavor. Mark called these coconut shortbreads and I think that's pretty much on point.


Everything gets whizzed up in the food processor. The coconut is unsweetened, which helps keep these cookies from being too sweet. A quick knead to bring the crumbly dough together and a rest in the refrigerator and this dough is ready for rolling and cutting.

Even with the rolling and cutting, the dough is simple and easy to work with. I hate rolling and cutting, and this time I wasn't complaining. Eliot loved the cutting out of cookies, too. So I made him some homemade play dough so he could continue playing and I could finish up and bake the cookies.

I guess I suck at rolling out evenly because some cookies were thinner than others and therefore browned something awful. However they are pretty good.

4 comments:

  1. It didn't occur to me that these were basically a coconut shortbread! Rolling always makes me anxious. Need to get some of those rolling sticks Patricia uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try my silicone fast tracks--they work better than wood--don't warp don't slide etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been dreaming of the fast tracks, especially when I was rolling out this dough! They are top of my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your cookies have little Spackle of coconut show in them. better than what mine looked...,maybe that why mine didn't taste that great.

    ReplyDelete