Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Baking Bible: Double Chocolate Oriolos

This is a superb cookie. Crisp, buttery, deeply chocolaty, and best of all, easy to make. Everything gets whizzed up in the food processor in a matter of minutes. A quick rest in the refrigerator (or, in my case, overnight) and then little balls of dough are rolled out.

The dough is divided into thirds when it is refrigerated, and I found that made it pretty easy to divide up into little 12 g balls. I flattened each third of dough into a disk, and divided that disk into 12 wedges. Each wedge, give or take a couple of grams, was just about 12 g. Easy!

Each ball gets smushed flat by the bottom of a glass sprayed with cooking spray and dipped into sugar. I failed to notice the recipe says to flatten to a specific size and just sort of haphazardly smushed balls until they looked good enough to me. Luckily that turned out ok.

These are so damn good. I really am tempted to make another batch, right away.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great looking cookies! Wonderful snaps! And let me just say, turning half into of these baked cookies into the Bourbon Ball recipe was a good thing and a bad thing. They are great, too. Everyone keeps eating them and wants another batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vicki! Great looking cookies! I love these cookies too. Now you make me feel like making another batch.

    ReplyDelete