The Baking Bible: Double Chocolate Oriolos

This is a superb cookie. Crisp, buttery, deeply chocolaty, and best of all, easy to make. Everything gets whizzed up in the food processor in a matter of minutes. A quick rest in the refrigerator (or, in my case, overnight) and then little balls of dough are rolled out.

The dough is divided into thirds when it is refrigerated, and I found that made it pretty easy to divide up into little 12 g balls. I flattened each third of dough into a disk, and divided that disk into 12 wedges. Each wedge, give or take a couple of grams, was just about 12 g. Easy!

Each ball gets smushed flat by the bottom of a glass sprayed with cooking spray and dipped into sugar. I failed to notice the recipe says to flatten to a specific size and just sort of haphazardly smushed balls until they looked good enough to me. Luckily that turned out ok.

These are so damn good. I really am tempted to make another batch, right away.

 

Comments

  1. Great looking cookies! Wonderful snaps! And let me just say, turning half into of these baked cookies into the Bourbon Ball recipe was a good thing and a bad thing. They are great, too. Everyone keeps eating them and wants another batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vicki! Great looking cookies! I love these cookies too. Now you make me feel like making another batch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts